We all know that the way to our dogs heart is through their bellies. This can be evidenced by the pleading looks we get every mealtime.
The only thing your pup loves more than you feeding them is when you feed them your own home baked tasty treats!
Last week we made delicious Chicken Sat-stay biscuits and this week your pooch is being treated to peanut butter & banana pupcakes.
Follow the recipe below and don’t forget to send us a snap of your pupcakes…..if you have time before your dog devours it!
Please Note: We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dog’s needs and tastes. It’s also important to note that these are treats and should be fed sparingly. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Peanut Butter & Banana Pupcakes
- 68 grams plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams peanut butter
- 1 medium banana peeled and mashed
- An egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake cases
You’ll want to opt for natural peanut butter, making sure it has no xylitol. Xylitol is harmful to dogs. Also, make sure it’s free from palm oil with no added salt/sugar. You can find this in most supermarkets. We love this Poochbutter from Nuts for Pets.
The Great Doggy Bake Off Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line your tin with the paper cases ready for when your mix is made.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the other ingredients and beat together to form a smooth paste.
- Let this mixture sit for about 15 minutes. Then, spoon it into the paper cases, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Tap the tin a couple of times to level out the mixture and to pop any airy bubbles!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown or an inserted skewer comes out clean and let them cool.
Have You Baked This Weeks Recipe?
To be in with a chance of winning Star Barker, you need to post a photo of your bake using #greatdoggybakeoff! Don’t forget to tag us @dogfuriendly and all our pals @burnspet, @doggydesserts and @animalfriends!
For more great recipes check out Houndy.
Let’s get baking! Or should we say barking?