There’s nothing worse than having your pooch roll in some smelly poo, especially when you’re in the middle of some serious exploring. It’s not easy to pop to the shops and pick up some shampoo, pop into the dog groomers and online you’ll find yourself in a queue for hours.
Our Explorer Stephanie @storms_travelling_tails has come up with an easy DIY home-made dry shampoo! Perfect to keep handy for those daily walks.
- Corn flour
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Vanilla or Lavender essential oil (for the skin)
- Salt/ pepper shaker or container you can make into a shaker
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of Bicarbonate of Soda and 3 tablespoons of cornflour.
- Add in 6 drops of your chosen essential oil
- Put into the shaker and its ready to use
When using sprinkle on and rub in with hands.
If you have a black dog you may wish to brush it through the fur otherwise they will look grey as Storm found out when she first tried it.
If you make this we would love to see how this turned out!