Our Explorer Jo, has a brand new home-cooked recipe for you to try home with your pooch. It’s an all-time classic, the portable and patriotic Scotch Egg. Perfect for a snack, or to grace your hamper when you go on a picnic together.
Please Note: We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dog’s needs and tastes. The recipes are not meant for daily feeding and a balanced diet should be given.
If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Doggy Scotch Eggs Recipe
This Doggy Scotch Egg recipe is so much fun! It makes a great snack or treat for your furry friends. Perfect for popping in a picnic basket when the warmer months come in.
- 3 eggs
- 150g Turkey Mince
- 3 sprigs of Parsley
- 4 teaspoons Flour (I used coconut flour)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Hard boil 2 of the eggs, once boiled add cold water and peel the shell
- Finely chop parsley
- In a bowl beat 1 egg then add parsley and the Turkey Mince
- Mix with your hands until combined, smooth and sticky
- Add the flour and mix again
- Mold the mix around the 2 boiled eggs leaving no gaps
- Roll and cover each in oats
- Place on grease proof paper on a baking tray
- Bake for 20 mins
Keep your eyes peeled for my next blog, where I’ll cover portion control, supplements, making treats and allergy testing.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried the Scotch Egg and what you and your dog thought of the recipe!