Dog friendly campsites are increasing in popularity, becoming many peoples go to vacation.
We love to bring you the best locations and destinations to take your furry best friend. This would not be possible without our explorers who are always visiting dog friendly places and giving us the lowdown on them.
This week, Stephanie Wilkie and her dog Storm have been camping in Scotland at GG & Belles campsite in Blairgowrie. Over to Steph for more details;
I took Storm Camping to GG & Belles, a dog orientated campsite. It’s fairly new and it was a great experience. The campsite is in a stunning and quiet location. There are two sites that are privately fenced or you can purchase a grassed pitch. We opted for the grass pitch and hired a fire pit for the night. The toilets and wash facilities were immaculate. There is no shop on site but coming soon there will be the following activities to participate with your pooch.
- Art with your dog
- Scent work
There is a one mile loop around the campsite which is gorgeous but dogs must be kept on leads at all time. There is also a dog park which can be hired out. We hired it the night we were there. None of Storm’s friends could make it but she had a fab time just playing about. There is a sand pit, tyre to jump over or jump onto and a tunnel. Storm was not a fan of the tunnel and refused to go through it. The dog park is £10 to hire for an hour and well worth it for the dogs to run off steam.
There are also the following walks within close distance to the campsite.
- The riverside walk Blairgowrie
- Alyth Den
- Stormont Loch
There are also plenty more gorgeous walks nearby if you don’t mind travelling a bit further afield.
- The hermitage Dunkeld
- Birnam Oak & River Tay Dunkeld
- Loch of Lowes Dunkeld
- St Cyrus Beach – St Cyrus
The campsite website is also very good and listing places close by to visit, eat or shop. All dog friendly of course so your furry friend can join you on your adventures
There are the following campsite rules that need to be followed at all times
- Check in on arrival
- After using wheelbarrows, please take them back to the carpark for other arriving/departing guests.
- Respect other guests on site –
DO NOT let children to run around other guests’ pitches
DO NOT Let children run or approach any dog that is not your own.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for children at all times.
- Please turn any music and volume down on the campsite to exceptionally low after 10pm.
- Please recycle if possible.
- DO NOT let children play in the wash facilities.
- Only burn wood you have brought yourself or purchased from the campsite.
- Only use fire pits for fires and use a slab provided to protect the grass.
- Always have a bucket of water at your pitch. All fires and BBQ’s must be extinguished.
- You MUST stick to the 5MPH speed limit on all tracks on the property.
- DO NOT climb on any Dog play equipment e.g. Tyres, Tunnels, Sandpit. DO NOT let children climb on any dog play equipment.
- Dog Owners MUST clean up all mess left by their dogs – dog poo, chewed toys, poo bags, please put these in the bins provided.
- All dogs must be kept on leads whilst on the property of South Littleton. Off lead areas include: Private secure garden pitch, secure one acre dog park, secure dog play area & the secure training areas.
- Please keep to paths and DO NOT make new paths between pitches.
- DO NOT go into the farmyard – this is private.
- DO NOT allow children near any farm equipment/machinery whether it is stationary or in use.
- Please leave your pitch, toilets, showers and campsite as you would wish to find them.
Where’s your favourite dog friendly campsite? Let us know in the comments!
For more great places to stay head to our page!