Dog Furiendly is supported by our tail-wagging readers. When you buy through affiliate links we may earn an affiliate commission. Click here to find out more.
Biscuits have always been a dog’s best friend, but they are even better (and tastier) when homemade. Baking for your pooch, not only saves you from eating your own cakes, but allows you to treat your furry friends to some new home-made treats. These easy to make biscuits are both simple to make and drool-worthy for your dogs.
Please Note: We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dog’s needs and tastes. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Recipe: Peanut Butter & Banana Biccies
Opt for organic, extra virgin coconut oil whenever possible, as it will be in its purest form. We love this one from Vita Coco.
You’ll also want to opt for natural peanut butter, make sure it has no xylitol as it’s harmful to our pooches. Also, best to make sure it’s free from palm oil with no added salt/sugar. You can find this in most supermarkets. We love this one from Healthy Hounds produced by harnessing Cornwall’s bountiful rays of sunshine and coastal winds in a zero-carbon and zero waste eco-factory.
You may also want to grab a couple of cookie cutters to make some small quirky shaped pancake bites! We love these little bone-shaped stainless steel cookie cutters.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine 36og of oats, bananas, peanut butter and coconut oil. (You may need to use your hands)
3. Add additional oats slowly until the dough is no longer sticky.
4. Knead dough until it comes together.
5. Roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
6. Use cookie cutters or roll into balls. Place on a baking tray.
7. Pop in the oven and bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown. (Baking time will vary depending on size and thickness).
8. Cool completely and watch that furry tail wag with excitement!