Looking for a treat which you can make faster than a walkies around the block? Check out these delicious coconut oil treats. You can flavour them with your choice of mint or peanut butter, whichever your pooch prefers!
Follow our recipe below and if you’re taking part in the Great Doggy Bake Off make sure to tag us in a picture of your finished results. That is if you get a chance before your doggy scoffs the lot.
Please Note: We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dog’s needs and tastes. It’s also important to note that these are treats and should be fed sparingly. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Full Recipe: Coconut Oil Treats (Mint or Peanut Butter)
- Coconut oil
- Fresh mint (chopped up) OR 130g Peanut Butter (no xylitol)
- Ice cube trays/ silicone molds
If you opt for the peanut butter option, you’ll want to go for natural peanut butter. Also make sure it has no xylitol as it’s harmful to our pooches. Also, make sure it’s free from palm oil with no added salt/sugar. You can find this in most supermarkets. We love this Poochbutter from Nuts for Pets.
- Add coconut oil to saucepan on medium heat on the hob, until melted
- Add your choice of ingredient to the saucepan (chopped up fresh mint or peanut butter) with the coconut oil
- Pour into your mold of choice (you may need a pouring jug)
- Add to the freezer for 1-2 hours and pop them out once completely solidified, and store in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer
Have You No Baked This Weeks Recipe?
To be in with a chance of winning Star Barker, you need to post a photo of your bake using #greatdoggybakeoff! Don’t forget to tag us @dogfuriendly and all our pals @burnspet, @doggydesserts and @animalfriends!
Star Barkers win prizes from our sponsors and get featured on our story.
For more great recipes head over to Houndy.
Enjoy the break because next week we’re going barking…we mean baking mad again!